Sesame-Crusted Seared Ahi Salad
Learn how to properly sear your ahi steak and serve it on a bed of greens. This low-carb salad is sure to spice up your next dinner!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Salad
- 1 ½ lbs sushi-grade ahi tuna
- Coconut oil spray
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 cups mixed greens
- Your favorite Asian dressing: ginger or sesame taste great! *
- Coat tuna on both sides with coconut oil spray. Sprinkle one side of tuna steaks with sesame seeds and pat them in; repeat on other side.
- Heat peanut oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add tuna and sear for about 3-4 minutes. Flip over and let sear an additional 2-3 minutes, or until you have an even sear on both sides.
- Remove tuna from heat and place on a cutting board. Let rest a few minutes and then slice.
- Top mixed greens with bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Toss with dressing. Lay sliced ahi over the top and sprinkle with additional sesame seeds if desired.
*To make this dish gluten-free, use gluten-free salad dressing.