Black Bean Turkey Pumpkin Chili
This fiber- and protein-rich chili is made even more hearty with the flavor of pumpkin. It’s the perfect slow cooker recipe to make this fall and satisfy the whole family!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Entrees
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- seasoning salt
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups, or 32 oz, low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
Shredded lowfat cheese*, nonfat Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)*, green onions, diced white onion, cornbread
- Season your ground turkey lightly with seasoning salt. In a pan, brown the turkey over medium heat, crumbling up as you stir. Add to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well. Cook 8 hours on low.
- Serve with desired toppings, and cornbread muffins. Enjoy!
*If dairy free, substitute vegan cheese and yogurt, like those made with nut or soy milks.