Thai Peanut Shrimp Zucchini Noodles
Tender, succulent shrimp on a bed of delicious, low-carb vegetable noodles with a spicy peanut flavor. It’s hard to resist!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 green onion stalks, thinly sliced white and green portions, separated
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 medium zucchini squash, spiralized
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 tbsp peanut sauce *
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp peanuts, chopped
- Mix together peanut sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a wok or other large pan, heat peanut oil over medium high. Add thinly sliced white portion of green onions and saute for 1 minute, until fragrant. Then add in the shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes, until they are starting to turn pink.
- Next, add the carrots, bell pepper, and zucchini, and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- After they start to soften, add in the red cabbage. Stir to mix and then add in sauce, tossing to coat the vegetables and shrimp.
- Serve in 4 bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts and green onion tops. Enjoy!
*If you are gluten-free, make sure you find a gluten-free peanut sauce