Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
A healthy, easy new take on an old favorite. Try these Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas for the most juicy, tender chicken you’ve ever had!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Entrees
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced into strips
- 8-12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese *
- lime wedges
- Add the chicken, onions, and garlic to your slow cooker. Let cook for about 8 hours on low.
- Add the sliced bell peppers to the slow cooker about 30 minutes before the chicken is done.
- After everything is finished cooking, remove the veggies and chicken from the slow cooker.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Set aside.
- To assemble your fajitas, fill warmed corn tortillas with chicken, bell peppers, onions, and desired toppings. Serve 2-3 tortillas per person. Enjoy!
*If you are dairy-free, make sure to use a vegan cheese.
Want more to go with your fajitas? Try serving a fresh romaine salad with cool ranch dressing on the side!