Skinny Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This healthier version of classic beef stroganoff is creamy, savory, and it pairs perfectly with cauliflower mash or whole grain pasta.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Entrees
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs lean beef stew meat
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Serve it over cooked whole grain penne pasta* or my Cauliflower Mash!
- In your slow cooker, combine onion, carrots, mushrooms, and beef. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Whisk yogurt, flour, and sherry together in a small bowl. Stir into slow cooker, along with peas, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and continue to cook on high for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or cauliflower mash. Garnish with parsley.
*If you are gluten-free, use a gluten free flour and pasta. Try garbanzo bean or lentil pasta for added protein!
Nutrition facts are for stroganoff only, and do not include cauliflower mash or pasta.