Cornflake-Crusted Chicken Strips
These Cornflake-Crusted Chicken Strips have the perfect amount of crunch and taste amazing! Plus, a happy kid means an equally happy mom.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dinner
- 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 8 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with foil, parchment, or a silicone mat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set up a dipping station to bread your chicken strips with three bowls. Mix your dry ingredients together in one bowl, and your liquid ingredients together in a separate one. The last one has your raw chicken strips.
- To bread your chicken, take a strip with one hand, dunk it in the liquid, and then place it in your cornflake bowl. With your other hand, toss cornflakes onto your chicken strip and try to make sure it’s evenly coated. Then lay it out on your lined baking sheets. You’ll find that your hands don’t get as messy this way. You’re welcome.
- After all your strips are breaded, bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with vegetables like steamed broccoli or salad for a well-balanced meal