Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Jambalaya
This jambalaya is a hearty and savory one-pot meal that packs a serious punch! Whole-grain and protein-rich, it’s sure to become a favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Cajun
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- ¾ lb andouille sausage, sliced *
- 1 ½ cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne (if desired)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ lb peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large 6 quart ceramic pot, heat canola oil over medium high heat. Add in onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic, and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in tomato, chicken broth, chicken, sausage, and brown rice. Season with oregano, cayenne (if using), paprika, and seasoning salt. Cover and let cook for about 40 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before it’s finished, add in shrimp. Stir together and replace lid. Let cook remaining 5 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.
*If you are gluten-free, make sure to read your ingredients to make sure the sausage is gluten-free!